Thursday, February 21, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

My first recipe created straight from my head.  Although there are many peanut butter cookie recipes out there, I really wanted to try my hand at creating my own.  For a first attempt I find they were pretty successful!  I did research on ratios for cookies and such to ensure some success
Although I will most likely tweak this recipe in the future, it is certainly good enough to enjoy now
This recipe is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, the flavor is a subtle and not too sweet

Ingredients:
2 Cups AP gluten free flour*
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum (or Guar gum)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup + 1tbsp of brown sugar (I used dark)
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips

Steps:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a small bowl combine flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside
Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla, and peanut butter
Once combined, add in eggs one at a time, beating completely after each addition
Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined
Stir in chocolate chips
Scoop into cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
Should produce around 36 cookies depending on the size! (I use a small cookie scooper so they're little)

* I use Bob's Red Mill all purpose gluten free flour, which happens to taste real weird before it gets in the oven.  I will be experimenting with my own flour combos shortly and will be sure to post about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment